Renewing your Indian passport in Dubai is a relatively straightforward process, but it’s important to be aware of the various steps you’ll need to take and the documents you’ll need to submit. In this article, we will go through all the requirements for renewing an Indian passport in Dubai and how you can do it efficiently and quickly. So read on to find out more!
Overview of Indian Passport Renewal in Dubai
If your Indian passport has expired or is about to expire, you can renew it at the Indian Consulate in Dubai. The process is relatively straightforward and can be completed in a few hours.
To renew your Indian passport in Dubai, you will need to submit the following documents:
- A completed application form (available at the consulate or on their website)
- Your current passport
- Two recent passport photographs
- A copy of your residency visa or Emirates ID
- A self-addressed envelope (if you are applying by mail)
Once you have gathered all of the required documents, you can submit them in person at the consulate or by mail. If applying in person, you will need to schedule an appointment through the consulate’s website. Renewal processing takes approximately 4-6 weeks.
Eligibility Requirements for Indian Passport Renewal in Dubai
To be eligible for an Indian passport renewal in Dubai, you must:
- Be a citizen of India by birth or naturalization
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid passport that is expiring or has already expired
- Have proof of residency in Dubai (i.e. Emirates ID, visa, etc.)
- Submit the required application form and supporting documents
If you meet all of the above eligibility requirements, you can begin the renewal process by submitting your application form and supporting documents to the nearest Indian consulate or embassy in Dubai.
How to Renew Indian Passport in Dubai?
The process for renewing an Indian passport in Dubai is as follows:
1. Download and complete the application form from the website of the Consulate General of India in Dubai.
2. Collect all the required documents, which include your current passport, a completed application form, two recent photographs (passport-sized), and a copy of your residence visa.
3. Submit the application form and documents at the counters of BLS International Services LLC, which are located at Wafi Mall, First Floor, near Ranches Restaurant or at their office in Bur Dubai at BurJuman Business Tower, Second Floor, next to Spinneys supermarket.
4. Pay the applicable fees (AED 221 for a 36-page passport and AED 301 for a 60-page passport) using a credit/debit card or cash.
5. You will be given a receipt with a tracking number. The processing time takes about 4-6 weeks during which you can track the status of your application online on the BLS website using the tracking number.
6. Once your passport is ready, you can collect it from the same office where you submitted your application form or have it delivered to your home/office address by courier (for an additional fee).
What documents required for Indian passport renewal in Dubai?
1. All original documents must be submitted when applying for an Indian passport renewal in Dubai. This includes your most recent passport, two photographs taken within the last six months, and your UAE residency visa.
2. You will also need to submit a completed application form. This can be done online through the website of the Indian Consulate in Dubai, or you can obtain a paper copy from the Consulate itself.
3. In addition to the above, you will need to provide proof of your current address in Dubai, as well as your Emirates ID card.
4. If you have any changes to your personal details (such as your name or date of birth), you will need to provide official documentation proving these changes.
5. There is a fee for renewing an Indian passport, which must be paid in cash or by bank draft at the time of application. The current fee is AED 300 for regular passports and AED 1,000 for express passports.
Processing Time for Indian Passport Renewal in Dubai
The process of renewing an Indian passport in Dubai is relatively simple and can be done within a few weeks. However, it is important to note that the processing time for Indian passport renewal in Dubai may vary depending on the number of applications received at the Consulate General of India in Dubai. As such, it is advisable to submit your application for renewal well in advance so as to avoid any delays.
Alternatives to Indian Passport Renewal in Dubai
If you are an Indian national living in Dubai, you have a few options when it comes to renewing your passport. You can either renew your passport at the Indian Embassy or Consulate in Dubai, or you can use the services of a private passport renewal company. The process of renewing your passport at the Indian Embassy or Consulate in Dubai is relatively straight-forward. You will need to submit a completed application form, along with two recent photographs and the relevant fees.
Your new passport will be processed and issued within a few weeks. If you choose to use the services of a private passport renewal company, they will typically handle all aspects of the renewal process on your behalf. This includes collecting and submitting your application form and supporting documents, as well as paying the applicable fees. Private companies usually charge a service fee for their services, but they can often get your new passport issued more quickly than if you were to do it yourself.
Renewing your Indian passport in Dubai can be a complicated and time-consuming process, but with the right knowledge and preparation it is possible to do so without too much hassle. We hope this article has provided you with some useful information on how to go about renewing your Indian passport in Dubai. Armed with this knowledge, we’re sure that you will now be able to confidently submit your renewal application and get started on enjoying all the benefits of having an up-to-date Indian passport.
FAQs on how to renew indian passport in dubai
1. How much does it cost to renew Indian passport in Dubai?
- Adults (36-page booklet) — AED 285
- Adults (60-page booklet) — AED 380
- Tatkal Service (36-page booklet) — AED 855
- Tatkal Service (60-page booklet) — AED 950
2. How many days will take for Indian passport renewal in Dubai?
It depends on the type of passport you are renewing. If you are renewing a regular passport, it typically takes 15 working days. If you are renewing an emergency passport, the process is shorter and can take as little as 2 working days.
3. Can I walk in for passport renewal in Dubai?
Yes. The Embassy of the United Arab Emirates in Dubai offers passport renewal services. You can walk in to the embassy and present the necessary documents including your expired passport, an application form, a copy of your residence visa, and two passport-sized photographs. The embassy staff will guide you further on the process.